Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Phoebe Tonkin in "Mad About the Girl"


My name is Phoebe Tonkin and I'm an actress. I grew up by the ocean, my high school overlooked Balmoral Beach in Sydney. I remember wearing my bathers under my school uniform and jumping in the water before school. I'd always find sand in everything from my shoes to my pencil case.

Being Australian, protection from the sun is my number one priority. From as young as I remember my mum has been slathering sunscreen on my sister and I. Putting on sunscreen now feels as natural as brushing my teeth. These days I really miss living so close to the ocean. I love when I can spend summers at the beach and let my hair just dry naturally from the sea salt.

My most memorable holiday to date was when I recently rented a house in Mexico with my boyfriend. We spent the week drinking margaritas, riding bikes, eating guacamole, and reading books by the sea. It was so simple and so perfect.

- As told by Phoebe Tonkin to The Base by Lara Bingle

P.S.
Phoebe Tonkin plays Hayley Marshall, a werewolf turned hybrid on The Originals.

No comments:

Post a Comment